Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cafe Du Soleil

  Hi I'm Vernnie and I decided to write a little something about the places I will be visiting, eating at and movies/show/plays I will be watching in NYC or whatever other states I visit in the near future.  The first place I want to talk about is Cafe Du Soleil located here; 2723 Broadway (between 104th St & 105th St) New YorkNY 10025.  Stepping in to this place you can smell the the different kinds of dishes they serve.  Right away my hunger intensified!  My family were there with me and we were all celebrating my sis, April's bday who picked this place.  When I finally got to sit down and look at the menu my eye's caught site of Foie De Veau Auc Echallotes.  That's calves liver with shallots, red wine sauce and sauteed spinach.  This dish was so delicious.  The liver was tender, juicy and sweet.  The flavors my mouth tasted was definitely the first.  I felt like the food critic in the movie, "Ratatouille."  For some reason I thought about the spaghetti I had when I was seven yrs old that my grandmother made for us when we arrived here to NYC for the first time from the Philippines.  I felt warm, happy and content and those were the same feelings I was having while eating this dish.  The sauteed spinach was perfect with the calves liver.  The dish was full flavored and rightfully portioned.  Also, I had the best french fries I ever had over there.  They fried it with garlic and shallots.  Great taste and flavor!  Excuse my first blog.  I will have more for you soon.  The key is, Stepping In.  That's the only way you will ever know.  I added the link to the Cafe Du Soleil website if you would like to check them out.    

No comments:

Post a Comment